The project management is responsible for ensuring the administrative and financial management of the projects, in order to support the researchers in the negotiation, opening, execution and preparation of the projects financial reports, ensuring the accountability to the financing entities, the eligibility of project expenses, budgetary and treasury control, and proceeding with the annual control of the cost structure values.
It was established the General Regulation for the organization and operation of administrative and technical support services of Instituto Superior Técnico (Despacho n.º 1503/2017, de 14 de fevereiro (PDF, 272KB)), establishing the framework structure where the Project Management is included.
The project management is divided as following:
- Researcher and Project Technical Support Office (GATPI): providing technical support to the preparation of applications for national or international funding research projects, to promote the standardization of project management procedures in IST and to stimulate the identification of new project opportunities.
- National Projects Office (NPN): monitoring and guaranteeing the financial execution of the budget as well as the execution of the financial reports and also follow up the audit actions of the projects financed under the National Scientific and Technological System.
- International Projects Office (NPI): monitoring and ensuring the financial execution of the budget as well as the execution of financial reports and to monitor the audit actions of projects funded by the European Commission’s Structural and Investment Funds, or by International Organizations.
- DECivil Projects Office (NPDECivil): carrying out all the operations necessary for the proper execution of all projects of the Department of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Georresources (DECivil).
- Support in the preparation actions for new projects;
- Opening of projects;
- Control of overheads;
- Follow-up of the financial execution of the project budget;
- Verification of expenditure procedures as to eligibility and legality;
- Verification of financial responsibility and consequent expenditure authorization;
- Revenue management (including transfer of funding in IST-led consortia);
- Preparation and execution of financial reports;
- Closing of projects;
- Monitoring of financial audits.